SDEA is partnering with the Singapore First Aid Training Centre (SFATC) to curate a First Aid Training Programme specifically for Drama Educators. This programme will comprise of a Child First Aid Blended Course (fully certified course) as well as major aspects of Psychological First Aid (theory only).
For the Child First Aid Course, trainees will be guided by SFATC to complete the theory modules of the course online via their e-learning portal, and thereafter attend a classroom training session for practical modules and assessment.
Trainees will be certified for a period of 2 years in 3 modules – Standard First Aid, BCLS AED and Child First Aid by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council. The certification is recognised by ECDA.
The online course will be made available to trainees from 7 November 2022. Trainees are to complete the online course at their own time.
Suitable for Drama Educators and Practitioners, especially those working in the pre-school sector and primary schools. The Child First Aid Blended Course is applicable to infants through to adults.
*Please note that this First Aid Training Programme is open to SDEA Members only.
Child First Aid
- Essentials of First Aid – Definition and Aims of First Aid, Roles / Limitations of a First Aider, Universal Precautions, First Aid Kit Contents and Maintenance, Primary and Secondary Survey, Record and Report, SCDF My Responder App, Difference between Child and Adult Casualties.
- Unconscious Casualty (Non – Cardiac Arrest) – Head and Spinal Injuries, HeatDisorder - Heat cramps, Heat exhaustion, Heat stroke, Fever, Fits, Fainting, Low Blood Sugar, Stroke, The Recovery Position and Lateral Position for Infants.
- Respiratory Problems – Adult & Infant Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Conscious & Unconscious), Asthma (Administration of MDI with Spacer and Face Mask), Hyperventilation, Fumes inhalation, Allergic Reaction (Administration of Adrenaline Auto Injector).
- Shock, Bleeding and Wounds – Shock, Bleeding, Wounds, Bandaging, Application of Tourniquet.
- Musculoskeletal injuries - Fracture and Dislocation, Soft Tissue Injuries, Immobilisation & Bandaging.
- Burn injuries – Burns Depth and Severity of Burns, Classification and Treatment of Burns, Scalding, Radiation / Sunburn, Chemical, Electrical, Thermal.
- Other First Aid Knowledge – Eye injuries (Chemical, Foreign Bodies, Blunt Force Trauma), Vomiting and Diarrhoea, Common Rashes, Nose Bleeding, Poisoning, Transportation of Casualty (1 & 2 Rescuer Carry, Improvised Methods).
- CPR (Mouth to Mouth) + AED – Theory of CPR+AED, Adult CPR+AED Practical, Infant CPR Practical.
Psychological First Aid
- Introduction to Psychological First Aid (PFA) – What is PFA? When is PFA applied? What is identified as a crisis? How can PFA skills be applied in a crisis?
- Recognition and Management of Human Behaviour – Identifying different causes of stress, strategies to cope with stress and assist victims of stress, what is loss and grief?
- Managing Suicidal Individual – Warning signs of a possible suicidal individual, suicidal risk assessment, steps in assisting suicidal individuals.
- Elements of Psychological First Aid – Fundamentals of observe, listen, understand and support, Do’s and Don’ts of Psychological First Aid.
Funding and Subsidies
Singaporeans 25 years of age and above who are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit can apply for a claim for this course.
SkillsFuture Credit claims will need to be made at least 14 days prior to the course start date, i.e., by 7 November 2022.
SkillsFuture Funding (SSG Funding)
|Singaporeans (below 40 years of age) & All PRs
|| 50% of course fees before tax
(40 years of age and above)
|| 70% of course fees before tax
Post Secondary Education Account (PSEA)
Singaporean citizens 30 years of age and below who are eligible for PSEA may apply to fully or partially offset the course fees payable.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
Union members eligible for UTAP reimbursement can apply.
(39 years of age and below)
|| 50% of unfunded course fees capped at S$250 per year
(40 years of age and above)
|| 50% of unfunded course fees capped at S$500 per year
All funding options are stackable and can be applied simultaneously, if eligible.
Payment for this course will be made directly to the Singapore First Aid Training Centre.
If you require any support, please contact email@example.com.