SDEA will be hosting its 21st Annual General Meeting on 20 September 2023, at 7:30pm. All members are invited and encouraged to attend and vote on a new committee to lead the organisation from 2023-2025.
Members will also receive updates on SDEA through a presentation of our annual and financial reports which will be made available before the meeting.
The meeting will be held in a hybrid format, although voting members are encouraged to attend the meeting in person.
Nominations for Committee 2023-2025
Nominations are now open!
The current Committee for the term of 2021-2023 will end their term on 20 September 2023 at the 21st Annual General Meeting, and a new committee will be voted in to lead SDEA and its advocacy and professional development efforts for the next 2 years. This could be you!
We are looking for leaders and advocates to push for the advancement of the profession of the drama/theatre educator, and advocate for the value and practice of drama and theatre in performance, education, and community. This will be a two-year volunteer commitment that will grant you a unique experience in leading an arts intermediary, inspiring change in the ecosystem, and enabling good work to happen.
Alternatively, if you know someone you would like to represent you in the committee, nominate them (with their consent of course)!
If you have any enquiries on nominations, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact 6345 6997.
Here are the roles that are up for nomination, and their roles as described by the SDEA Constitution:
- President: The President shall chair all General and Committee meetings. They shall also represent SDEA in its dealings with outside persons.
- Vice-President: The Vice‑President shall assist the President and deputise for him in his absence.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall keep all records, except financial, of SDEA and shall be responsible for their correctness. He will keep minutes of all General and Committee meetings. He shall maintain an up‑to‑date Register of Members at all times.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall keep all funds and collect and disburse all moneys on behalf of SDEA and shall keep an account of all monetary transactions and shall be responsible for their correctness.
- Committee Members: Ordinary Committee Members shall assist in the general administration of SDEA and perform duties assigned by the Committee from time to time.
For more information, you may refer to the Terms of Reference for Office Bearers here.
Download and fill in the form here: pdf, docx
You can either:
- Nominate a member whom you think should be a committee member (with expressed consent).
- Stand for election yourself.
The nominee will need to get the support of 2 backing SDEA members, as stated on the form.
Return the completed form to email@example.com by the deadline for open nominations on 11 September 2023. You may submit nominations after the deadline and your submission may or may not be considered.
Details of the current nominees will be made available on this page from 8 August 2023 onwards.
Nominees will be required to give a short 3-minute speech at the AGM prior to voting.
For FAQs, click here.