In loving memory of Christina Sergeant – a dearly missed actor, director, drama educator and dear friend, SDEA presents the Tina Sergeant Professional Development Initiative.
Each year, complimentary passes to SDEA events, masterclasses or training programmes will be offered to local and foreign theatre practitioners and drama educators. Through this initiative, we wish to encourage theatre practitioners and drama educators to start make professional development a regular part of their practice.This year, the initiative is open for applications to use for the SDEA Theatre Arts Conference 2021- Creative Disruption: Exploring New Ground. Successful applicants will receive a maximum of $100 each. This amount can only be used for the conference pass and add-on tickets for masterclasses and workshops at the SDEA Theatre Arts Conference 2021 only.
Applicants must be:
- Theatre Arts Conference Passholders AND must purchase any desired add-on tickets for masterclass/workshop before applying, and provide a proof of purchase
- current theatre practitioners or drama educators with at least 3 years of practice or teaching experience
- Associate or Ordinary members only
Applicants must show:
- proof or an interest in regular professional development
- how the Theatre Arts Conference and any masterclasses/workshops attended informs their practice
- how skills and knowledge learnt will benefit a larger community
Successful applicants must:
- share with SDEA how they have applied skills and knowledge learnt in their work
The application period will be open until Sunday 16th May, 11.59pm.
SDEA is a Registered Charity from 20 February 2020 and is a recipient of the National Arts Council’s Major Company Scheme for the period from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2025.
Singapore Drama Educators Association is a registered charity (UEN: T02SS0123G)
90 Goodman Road, Blk B #04-02 Goodman Arts Centre, Singapore 439053
Phone: +65 6345 6997